Tribune Media Wire – April 15, 2018
NEW YORK — Chopped romaine lettuce has been linked to dozens of cases of E. coli and anyone who has the leafy green in their refrigerator is told to throw it away immediately, health officials said Friday.
No common grower, supplier, distributor or brand has been identified as the source of the multi-state outbreak, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. So far, the contaminated lettuce can be traced only to the Yuma, Arizona, growing region.
Consumers who have store-bought chopped romaine at home should not eat it and should throw it away, the CDC said. That includes salads and salad mixes that contain romaine lettuce.
“If you do not know if the lettuce is romaine, do not eat it and throw it away,” the agency said.